Monday, May 5, 2008

Coaching For Writers- at the MWA

Wow. I've just returned from an energy filled weekend of fun AND education. I was a speaker at the Maryland Writer's Association Annual Conference.

I made an entire weekend of it. As I had lived in the DC Metropolitan area for several years, I decided to stay in Baltimore one night and then Annandale (VA) the next. I reconnected with some of my dearest friends, Austin and Denise Camacho at the conference, and Rebecca Neuburger and Michelle Lanier at their cool new home in Mt. Pleasant (DC). I also met dozens of new friends, all budding or accomplished writers who attended the conference.

I spoke to a standing room only crowd at my session titled, "Coaching for Writers: What keeps you up at night?" We began the session networking (something that many authors find REALLY hard to do) and then launched into identifying challenges AND resolutions to writing- and FINISHING your writing projects.

I must confess, this was one of the best talks that I've been a part of all year. Really. The audience participation and candor was tops. The energy to learn more, do better and achieve was awesome! I am guessing this session will become one of my greatest contributions to the writing world- outside of my own book World War II Radio Heroes: Letters of Compassion.

Thanks Austin, Denise, Ann Arbaugh (President of MWA)... you guys put on a great show.

Off to see a client.....
Lisa
Author, Speaker and Coach

No comments: