Sunday, March 1, 2009

Reach Out to an American Hero Today!

I was delivering a luncheon keynote recently to distinguished group of women in Upper St. Clair, Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. One participant was delighted to share this website with me after my talk. It is a website where you can be matched up with a service member to share emails and letters. The website serves as a pseudo pen-pal matchmaker. I love the idea!

So, don't hesitate to check out www.AnySoldier.com and locate a deserving hero who would like to hear from you, your children's school, your organization, etc...

Let's keep in mind what a kind word from a stranger can do for someone who is serving our country in various capacities.

World War II Radio Heroes: Letters of Compassion is all about ordinary citizens reaching out to those in need during a difficult time in our history. Let's continue in that tradition by thanking and befriending our heroes today.

Bottom line: Let's show some love.

You'll be proud of yourself for doing so.

1 comment:

Greg Taylor said...

Hi Lisa, I want to thank you for the kind comments you left on my blog, "The World War II Letters of William Wellington Taylor, Jr."

I commend you for making the letters you have available to the world at large through your book and website. I plan to buy the book and read about your grandfather and the radio operators who performed their wonderful service to the families of World War II POW's. I'm sure you are as proud of your grandfather as I am of my father. The descendents of the Ham Radio operators of WWII should be proud too.